November 17, 2013

Pinspiration Sunday

Well it's that time again - Sunday!  I can't quite fathom where all the time goes and yet it still doesn't feel like Christmas is right around the corner - but it is (and to be honest, I'm starting to panic a wee bit).  Anyway, let's not get into that discussion and instead go grab your hot beverage of choice and come see what's been inspiring me this week.

Currently:
* making - class photo scrapbooking series
* eating - cinnamon crisp bread and peanut butter
* drinking - water
* wearing - new jeans, shirt & cardie
* weather - clear, 8C
* feeling - hungry
* wanting - to play with my new box of 2Peas goodies
* needing - more days in the week
* planning - this year's Christmas cards
* thinking - very little these days (or so it seems)
* loving - my new bicycle
* enjoying - possibly the last beautiful, sunny day before winter sets in

And now on to the pins...

Another lovely maple leaf quilt.  I really like the use of negative space and the diagonal design.

This is a clever idea for journaling on your background paper and then applying your embellishments with acetate, which can be lifted or removed to read the full story (or not).

I love scrapbooking supplies but there is also something very fun in re-purposing other items to use in one's craft.  I really love how these dress pattern tissues have been worked into the background of the LO.

Are you looking for a quick and easy Christmas card idea?  Perhaps this is an idea for you - a washi tape tree, some zigzag stitching garland and a few buttons and accents to decorate.  Done!

Several of the 2Peas Garden Girls have challenges relating to feathers right now.  Well, how about these fab embroidery floss feathers for a great textural addition to your LOs and cards?

How gorgeous are these?!  I wish I'd known about these before putting in my recent 2Peas order (although I'm not sure they're currently being carried there).

If you liked the My Month in Numbers idea, here is the latest addition for Nov. 2013.  I must admit, I haven't started this yet but it could be on my New Years scrapping resolution list.

And how about this colour palette?  The colours are such unusual combinations but they work so well together.  I think these could make a really lovely project come to life.

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous Pins! Great inspiration that I will have to use - thanks! Yes, I too cannot believe Christmas is coming up! First to tackle Thanksgiving - even sooner! YIKES! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am a bit panicked about Christmas being so close. I have absolutely nothing done yet.

    Love that Washi Tape Christmas tree. So cute!

    ReplyDelete