November 15, 2013

Birthday Candles Card

I needed to whip up a quick birthday card to go with my friend's Barcelona mini album gift.  I'd been wanting to scraplift this cute card for a while now:


And here's my version:


Instead of rolling paper, I cut down some patterned paper straws.  I also topped each of my candles with little paper flames (I used a small heart punch and then cut them in two down the center).  I played with a lot of gold on this card - clear and gold striped washi tape, gold sequins, gold polka dot Thickers and the twine is cream with metallic gold thread.  Simple and clean and very well-received.

I also was finally able to give my friend her new Barcelona mini album - she was so surprised and bowled over; it was grand!  We took a photo of us together with it but it's on her phone and she hasn't shared it yet or I would include it here.  I so love being able to give someone the perfect gift, especially when it's handmade and from the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment