November 10, 2013

Pinspiration Sunday

Hello, everyone.  It's been one of those grey, dreary and rainy Sundays, which has meant Oskar and I have curled up in bed and I've been busy, busy, busy online.  That should translate to more to share here on the blog shortly.  Now, go grab your hot beverage of choice and come join me in snuggling up for some photo goodies.

Currently:

* watching - Restoration House Nightmare
* reading - McCall's Quick Quilts - Nov/Dec. issue
* eating - toast and peanut butter
* drinking - water
* wearing - PJs
* weather - rainy, 7C
* feeling - peckish
* wanting - to stay curled up at home
* needing - to start making my Christmas cards
* planning - to finally buy new trousers tomorrow (I hope)
* thinking - I should have bought groceries today...
* loving - having ordered a new box of goodies from 2Peas!
* enjoying - a quiet afternoon at home

And now on to the pins...

Super simple quilt of chevrons and rectangular blocks.  Lovely, cheery colours, although I question using white for a picnic quilt.  ;)

Are you (like me) short on space to lay out quilts for basting?  This might be something you want to have a go with, then - basting using two 1x3" boards, which can be set up on a kitchen table.  No more crawling around on your knees or aching back.

How gorgeous is this rainbow on black embroidery panel?  It makes me think of some celestial nebula.

Tips from 2Peas Garden Girl, Jill Sprout, on journaling about yourself; a topic that many scrapbookers find challenging but is - IMO - so important.

Freckled Fawn is now stocking their own flair and boy, are they cute!  Four sets to choose from currently, each set contains two flair.

Can't get enough cork on your scrapbook pages?  Check out these cute stamped frames?  I might need this set for my next up-coming birthday.  :)

Such a simple but great idea for recolouring staples instead of buying pricier coloured versions.  Keep this in mind for your Christmas cards and layouts this year!

I still need to try this technique - works for any magazine pictures and certain types of printed pictures.

And in honour of Remembrance Day tomorrow, I'm sharing this beautiful poppy-inspired colour palette.  My most heart-felt thanks and appreciation to all of those who have served; to those who possess the strength that I do not.

No comments:

Post a Comment