August 25, 2013

Pinspiration Sunday

So it's Sunday evening and I have to say, I've had a really enjoyable weekend, complete with sleeping in, scrapbooking, kitten snuggles and chatting up friends and family.  They don't come much better than that in my book.  To be honest, I wasn't home much last week so I haven't done much Internet browsing and pinning so I'm digging deeper into my Pinterest boards.

But before we get to the inspiration, I have something fun to share that I discovered this morning:


My LSS is hosting a summer-themed competition this month.  I sent in 3-4 of my scrapbooking LOs and that's one of mine they're featuring!  I haven't won, this is just a reminder post about the competition but cool nonetheless.  It made my morning.  Now, go grab your hot beverage of choice and cozy up for some photo love.

Currently:

* watching - Anger Management
* making - catching up on scrapbooking LOs
* eating - homemade pizza
* wearing - knit top and jeans
* weather - clear, 17C
* feeling - content
* wanting - the weekend to continue
* needing - to drop the 2kg I put on since returning to work
* loving - getting back to Oskar and crafting time
* enjoying - playing with my new scrappy goodies

Now on to the pins...

This is so cute.  I love the simple ombre with the detailed quilting and the strings of little bunting for dimension.  This could make a really cute little baby quilt.

We're all looking for cute and functional storage solutions so why not DIY some of your own?  The fact that these are also collapsible is a bonus.

I love buttons!  I have fond childhood memories of my mum's button jar - an old Ragu pasta sauce jar - filled with random buttons that I would sift through.  I could spent ages just running them through my fingers.  So it's likely no wonder that I love to see and use buttons on projects and I love the rainbow and layered effect of this piece.
I know this isn't a new site but it's 'new-to-me' so I'm sharing it anyway.  There are a number of crafting interests represented here, including sewing/quilting, papercrafting, knitting, cake decorating and many, many more.  There are tutorials (including free ones), patterns for download and the whole community experience.

Scrapbooking your social media is a popular trend and I have plans to get on this bandwagon, if I can ever remember to plan out getting some screenshots to print.

I love the simplicity of this card and the pop of hot pink and red on pure white.

I've made these washi tape feathers several times now and they're super quick and easy to make and they turn out really nice.  You can vary the colour, size and shape with your choice of washi.

Being Canadian and from Ontario, I naturally have a fondness for Niagara Falls, but I also really love this colour palette, especially the use of the warm cream with otherwise cool choices.  Having been using my new Hello Again collection by Carta Bella, many of these lovely colours are represented therein and it would be the perfect choice for re-creating this look.

No comments:

Post a Comment