July 08, 2013

Sunny Stitches

The weather here in Malmö has been gorgeous lately!  Last week I spent some time out at friends' cottage and we sat sewing in the garden, soaking up the sunshine and listening to the Wimbledon games.

I took a few hand sewing projects to work on and got quite a lot finished, including those super cute citrus felt coasters I posted about previously.  Here are the finished pretties:


Aren't they lovely?  They were ridiculously easy and fun to make!  In fact, I sense a possible addiction coming on.  I've decided these could make a cute little Christmas gift for my grandmother so I'll make up another batch for myself - thinking I'll stick with just the brightest colours (hot pink, orange, yellow and possibly the light pink), since they were may favourites.  If I can find more of lime green, that would work, too.  If you'd like to make your own, the tutorial is free from The Purl Bee.

I've also returned to working on my embroidery quilt, Nice People, Nice Things.  I loved this project when I first saw it - the sample was a cute little wallhanging and I thought, I could do that pretty quickly.  Little did I realise that the project was not actually intended to be a wallhanging but a full-sized queen (or king?)-sized quilt, double-sided!  Needless to say, it's been anything but quick but at least I always have hand sewing on hand when I need it...  Anyway, I finished all of the picture and sayings blocks for month #6 - hurrah!



I've even been very good and cut out the remaining fabric pieces for the last two months and ironed on the transfers for the next month's batch.  The weather tomorrow is suppose to be clear and warm so I foresee another morning spent lounging in the sun, stitching away.

1 comment:

  1. Your projects are so pretty!
    I used to cross stitch and really miss it sometimes.

    ReplyDelete