I've been steadily catching myself up on a number of partially complete projects recently but there has been one on my to-finish list that hasn't seen the light of day in more years than I'd care to count (or admit). It all started many, many years ago in a tiny yet cosy little cellar quilt butique when I saw a sample of Thimble Blossom's Red Velvet layer cake quilt. I bought the fabric, attended the class, got six blocks done and then under the bed it went...
|The original 6 blocks.|
Well, today I unearthed this hidden gem. The photo above shows the original six blocks I had done in class. This was my starting point. I honestly don't know why I didn't continue it sooner. I have the fabric (well, I apparently didn't buy the contrasting fabric but that's easily rectified). I have the instructions - both in the original English and also a Swedish version. I remember having pulled it out several years ago with the intention of continuing it, only to be confused (I'm not sure what by) and put it away again.
Anyway, I haven't let any of that stop me. Perhaps I'm more confident these days. Perhaps I'm more determined. Or perhaps I just don't let myself get as hung up as I did in the past. Whatever it is, I'm moving forward with this project and it feels great! Here's where I left off today:
|Block count tripled!|
Check it out - 18 blocks done now! All of the snowball blocks have been finished (with the exception of one that requires the missing contrast fabric) and two more X-blocks have been finished. I've also done all of the cutting prep to continue working on more X-blocks tomorrow.
After all of that, I really do believe I deserve a wee bit of cake now...