December 11, 2013

Christmas Cards 2013

Ho ho ho!

So every year I make my own Christmas cards; any where between 30-50 cards.  Normally I start this process in November but if I'm absolutely honest, I didn't get around to starting mine this year until just last week - eek!  Thankfully, I already knew exactly (okay, roughly) what I wanted to do.

You see, I had some inspiration much earlier in the year during the CHA-S previews.  I saw these adorable cameos by Webster's Pages and the Santa moustache totally stole my heart.  I thought to myself, "That's my Christmas card this year."

Totally cute, right?

But I wanted to kick it up a notch and really, what's a moustache without some tickle to it?  So the hunt was on to find just the right 'stach fixins' and after a lot of pain-staking clipping, here's what I came up with:

Yup, Santa Claus is comin' to town!

Crinkly white faux fur for the moustache!  The sentiment is heat embossed in white.  Then to add some magic sparkle, I splattered some white mist, sprinkled some silver star sequins and added some Stickles glitter glue in silver along the diagonal.  The edges are also rubbed with white stamp ink to help ground the design and give the impression of a frosted window.

I have to say, I don't think I've ever come up with a quicker design in previous years and although cutting out the moustaches was tedious and time-consuming, the rest of the card came along quite quickly thereafter - I reckon three days total, plus some time tonight to paste in the interior plaque and DONE!

And incidentally, ever since a friend told me last year that her family rates the Christmas cards they receive and mine is always the winner, it's been a bit intimidating deciding on a design - heh.  I'm feeling pretty confident with this 'entry', as it were.  Fingers crossed!

1 comment: