December 08, 2013

Pinspiration Sunday

Hellooooo!  Yes, it's been a while since I last posted but you see, for we teachers there is currently a much bigger, more stressful time of year upon us than Christmas - the dreaded report-writing season!  However, I'm happy to announce that despite nightmarish dreams last night involving me suddenly discovering I had new students added to my class, for which I had to write reports last minute (true story!), I am officially finished writing reports for my class.  Whew!  So now I can finally start to enjoy the holiday season - I'll share with you what I've been up to recently later this week.  For now, go grab your hot beverage of choice and let's have some pin-sharing fun.

Currently:
* listening - to the radio; Sunday countdown programme
* reading - hahaa!  No, seriously, you think I have time to read these days?!
* making - Secret Santa gift for a co-worker (squee!)
* eating - nothing yet
* drinking - water
* wearing - PJ shorts and fleece top
* weather - cloudy, wet snow, 1C
* feeling - starving!
* wanting - more hours in the day
* needing - to seriously get back in control of the eating situation
* planning - everything that needs doing before flying on the 18th
* thinking - I'm sorry, I don't understand the question...  Brain is mush.
* loving - being done with report writing!  Did I mention that already?  Whoot!
* enjoying - the wee bit of snow we received

And on to the pins...

Still need some quick gift ideas or home decor for the holidays?  Consider some quick and easy throw pillows.  Love the star but also the running stitch in the background adds great dimension, texture and interest.

Here's a cute stocking stuff idea that the music-lover or smart phone junkie in your family would likely appreciate.
 
Here's a modern but simple take on the tree skirt that anyone with a glue gun and a pair of scissors can do.  I love how delicate it looks.  Perhaps add a few gold beads to the centers of the flowers?

I'm totally in love with this LO and not just because I was a figure skater half a life ago.  I often enjoy circular designs but what really did it for me was the wiggly stitch lines that mimic blade lines on the ice.  Total nostalgia.

I also really love this LO.  Crate Paper has been featuring crafting with pink for the holidays on their blog, as their Bundled Up collection features a lot of pink and it's been very inspirational!

I know, I know - Thanksgiving was months ago now but I really like the idea of the twine wreath; easily adaptable to Christmas cards if you're still frantically searching for inspiration for those last minute cards (or haven't started yet - eek!).
 
 And speaking of wreaths, how about this gorgeous DIY bauble wreath?  Totally gorg, right?  And what's even better - super cheap and easy to make!  Win, win.

Owls!  Yup, my owl obsession kicked in when I spied these cuties!  No ready-made pattern but really, you can figure it out from the photo.  Felt, embroidery floss, ribbon and black beads.  You can do it, I have faith in you.  ;)

I also thought these were a cute and unusual idea - use cheap cookie cutters as shadow box frames for little holiday vignettes.

And a little colour palette love to leave you with today.  I just love red and turquoise together - they're like the perfect combination for just about anything, as far as I'm concerned.

All right, I'm going to cut myself off there or I might just spam you with another 100 or so images (gah, don't you just love/hate Pinterest?) and deprive you of any time to actually get your own holidays sorted.

1 comment:

  1. I love all the beautiful things you found. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete