December 13, 2013

Secret Santa 2013

It's Secret Santa day today!

This year the PYP department at work decided to hold a Secret Santa game.  There were two parts: first, a 'hint' gift of max 50:kr and then a 'luxurious' gift of 100:kr.  The 'hint' gift, as the name suggests, was suppose to be a teaser of whom our Secret Santas were.  Obviously the 'luxurious' gift was the big, normal gift.

My gift-ee was Abbe, one of our Swedish language teachers.  Abbe is a very talented sketcher but doesn't fancy herself a crafter so she loves to admire the crafty things Ingrid and I make so I knew exactly what I wanted to do for her gift - make her things!

For my 'hint' gift, I gave her a little handmade tissue holder and a cute felt mouse with a candy cane tail.  I chose orange (my favourite colour), which was her hint.  Well, that and the fact that the items were handmade.  Not the most glamorous photo but you get the idea.

Warm winter wishes gift.

Then for the 'luxurious' gift, I decided I would handmake her a little advent calendar (very popular here in Sweden).  I thought a tag design would be cute and focusing on traditional Scandinavian Christmas colours - kraft, red and white (with some gold and a bit of green thrown in for good measure) seemed only natural.  I used up a lot of leftover scraps and some free products from Papercraft Inspirations magazine issues.  And it may seem silly but I was also excited at the prospect of using up some number Thickers.  I purposefully left the backs blank so that she can add her own photos and writing, although today she said that it's too nice to change and it's going to have something akin to a little shrine at home - ha ha ha!

The cover, of course, needed to be something particularly special so I made a vellum confetti pocket using a variety of sequins and gold glitter Thickers.  Perhaps it's just me but that's total luxury to me!

Cover - I love how the iridescent sequins look green.

Day 1 - Using up last year's EP This n' That Christmas stickers.

Day 2 - Love this poinsettia paper from Papercraft Inspriations.

Day 3 - Dollar store rub-ons.

Day 4 - White embossing.

Day 5 - Gold lamé mist sprayed through a doily.

Day 6 - DIY mini bow made using the fork-tying method.

Day 7 - Shaped glitter tape.

Day 8 - Wood veneer pine trees.

Day 9 - Transparency tag with double-sided embellishments.

Day 10 - Layered chipboard elements.

Day 11 - Contest prize Christmas washi tape.

Day 12 - Mini banner.

Day 13 - Cork 'shine' embellishment for St. Lucia day!

Day 14 - Dollar store layered stickers.

Day 15 - Snowflake button.

Day 16 - Transparency tag with double-sided embellishments.
 Day 17 - Chipboard elements.

Day 18 - Washi tape wrapped gifts.

Day 19 - Gold painted doily & word stickers.

Day 20 - Chipboard elements.

Day 21 - White embossing.

Day 22 - Ribbons and dollar store stickers.

Day 23 - Painted chipboard numbers.

Day 24 - Heat embossed wood veneer & numbers.

Day 25 - Twine wreath.

 A happy Abbe!

And with that school is officially done for the term and I'm on holiday!  I've already taken advantage of the afternoon off to come home and nap (bliss!) and now I have a few days to get all the Christmas shopping and preparations done before flying back to Canada next week - and all without having an alarm clock in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment