September 13, 2013

Who Knew

Whew!  Work week done - hello, weekend!  I'm looking forward to another crafty weekend but I still have one more LO from last Sunday to share with you.  Remember how a week ago I posted this photo?


A photo badge of my childhood self, my mum and my granny from the '80s.  Unsurprisingly, many people commented that I simply had to scrapbook this little treasure and I couldn't agree more.  So I pulled out my new Hello Again collection by Carta Bella and got to work and here is the final product:


I have to admit, I was channeling Glitter Girl's episode #85: It's All Hunky Dorey for this LO. Like Glitter Girl, I used the same background paper because it's my absolute favourite in the whole collection.  I liked the idea of using the pop of black and great typography for contrast.  I also added that lovely map print from Webster's Pages, which ties in with the journaling.  And I couldn't resist including a View Master slide reel to re-inforce the '80s timeline.


I've been steadily working my way through my bag of Basic Grey Knee Highs and Bow Ties chipboard pieces but hadn't yet used any of the circles.  I was so thrilled to find this largest one was orange with tiny pink dots and worked really well with the other papers.  The extra large scallop die cut is from OA's Woodland Park pack.


The journaling card was part of the Hello Again cut-apart sheet and the glasses with the 'looking back' is from my favourite KI Memories stamp set - just so perfect for this LO.  And I took great cheeky pleasure at throwing in the 'be awesome' chipboard.  I used my first puffy sticker geotag here and a 2Peas star-shaped paper clip.  I added my estimate for the date - 1984.  I'm really happy with this LO and now I really can't wait to get scans of more childhood photos.  I'll have to see about doing that when I'm back home visiting my parents over the winter holidays.

In other news, last night I stopped into the big craft chain store here in Sweden, Panduro Hobby, and was super excited to discover a bunch of new scrapbooking goodies on offer:


That's right - the Simple Stories Snap! line!  And it doesn't appear to just be bits and pieces this time, either but - dare I say? - full line!  The binders, inserts, page protectors, papers, envelopes, journaling cards, etc.  I just picked up the 6x6 paper pad and one of the 3x4 journaling card packs for now but then I realised that this will be perfect to make a special birthday gift for a friend so clearly I'm going to need to go back and get more supplies for that project.  So exciting!


And check out this phrase and date roller stamp - love it!  This is a Panduro Hobby own brand stamp and it's in English, which is awesome.  I really like the variety of phrases, from the simple 'date' to several that will be perfect for travel themes and some fun symbols and pictures (totally love the little cutlery set for Thursday dinner photos).

All right, that's all I've got for now.  Check back later this weekend for more.

2 comments:

  1. What a great layout for your awesome photo flair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice page! That pop of black is awesome.

    ReplyDelete