October 11, 2013

I'm Still Alive - Promise!

Hello, everyone!

Okay, I know it's been ages since I last posted but oh my goodness, this renovation has been an absolute nightmare!  So today marks the end of week 5 out of what I'm told will be 7 weeks total.  That means that I've been without a bathroom (specifically a toilet and tub/shower) for 5 weeks.  And for the last 2.5 weeks, I've also been without any running water in my flat.  Yup, that's right - no water for nearly three weeks now and we received no notification that water would be turned off, weren't told for how long (and the construction company has known), nor were we provided with any alternative for water in our flats - until I complained to the construction company and my condo board.  Oh, and did I mention the 8 holes drilled into my ceiling?

Thought I would share a few photos with you...

Foyer ceiling now filled with holes and drainage pipes - wondering how they're going to box in these and what will happen to my ceiling light fixture...

Thankfully today they boxed up the nasty sewage pipe in my bedroom - eeew.

My bathroom is currently a shade of Smurf blue.

And this monstrosity is the wretched, idiotic wall-mounted toilet they're installing.

On the bright side, my class has started a new Unit of Inquiry this week where we're exploring how communities organise themselves through leisure activities so myself and my co-year group teacher presented one of our hobbies to the children.  She did sewing/quilting and I did scrapbooking.  I took in all of my albums and the children were just thrilled and fascinated.  Not that it takes much to impress the average 7-year-old but it was still fun to listen to their 'oohs' and 'aaahs' with each page turn.  Even sweeter when a few pulled out the albums at the end of the day during choosing time to flip through them up close.  Awwww...  Right?

I haven't done any crafting during this renovation - so much is packed and wrapped up and everything else is absolutely filthy (and without water it's not like I can clean) but I'm getting the itch back to create.  Thinking I might try to do up some cards this weekend, as my mum's birthday is coming up in November, I need a thank you card for the woman who's been taking care of Oskar during all of this and a friend recently bought her own flat.  Oh, and I need to order some pictures for a mini album I need to start soon.  So I guess what that all boils down to is that hopefully this blog will begin to come back to life and I'll have something more to share soon.  Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment