October 14, 2013

House Cards

Okay, so six weeks into the renovation and I've not been able to do much crafting, due to everything being packed up and moved or otherwise wrapped in plastic.  However, yesterday I just couldn't take it anymore and with two birthdays, a new home owner and a pet sitter all needing cards soon, I decided to get to work.  So I broke out the wet wipes and started cleaning off all of the dirt and grim that covers everything (seriously, everything!) in the flat.

And here's what I came up with.  These little cuties are inspired by a Sizzix Bigz XL Die House Card, as seen in a recent Papercraft Inspiration magazine (either the September or October issue, I think).  I don't have a die cutting machine, however, so I used the magazine photos for a reference and paper pieced everything by hand (and made myself some little templates for future use).


This first one (above) is a cute little cupcake shop birthday card that I made for my mum's birthday.  I love the little polka dot print paired with the turquoise and the little awnings.  I didn't have any cupcake stickers or other embellishments so I hand pieced them as well - tricky little suckers at that tiny size!  But I think they turned out well.


This next one is a card I'm giving a friend who recently bought her own flat here in Sweden.  I mean, what could be better for a housewarming card than one shaped as a house?  This one went together much faster than the first, since it uses square and rectangular pieces (the curves in the first one were a bit of a bother).  And I really like how the corrugated heart and button really tie everything together.

So great to get back into a bit of crafting again.

No comments:

Post a Comment